Transmission Issues

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

FatDawg28

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have a 2002 Chevy Tahoe LT 4WD 5.3 engine size and the other day I got in my truck to go run some errands and when I put it in drive, my truck jerked then stopped. I put in reverse thinking I did something wrong then put it back in drive and my truck would not move. I put my truck in neutral and tried to push it back into the parking space and my truck would not move. I put some transmission fluid in it thinking it could be low on fluids and my truck will not move no more than an inch in drive or reverse. Now i'm hearing a cracking noises coming from under my truck almost like something is breaking. The gears shift and everything but my truck just will not move. Any help as to what may be wrong???

mrrepatoperkins

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Just had the samething happen to my 1995 Chevy Tahoe

Your rear axle needs replaced because the gears are shattered inside. I recommend going to a local Pick N Pull or junk yard, I got lucky and found a brand new rebuilt rear axle assembly for $80 and simply brought it home, took the bad one off and put the new one in. Sorry for the bad luck and I feel your pain on it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jemilioflores89