Transmission Cooler Lines ?? Different ones??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Royalwapiti

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I was looking on here and saw some AC Delco numbers for leaky transmission cooler lines.

I ordered them from Amazon. ACDelco 25999420 & 15779543 Said they ft my vehicle.

I have no idea what these are for but the cooler end is different than my vehicle. Looking at my unit I see no place for the short 15779543 to even go on mine.

These lines look like they connect on the bottom of the cooler. My lines came off the side of the cooler, one low and one high. I have them off already.

Are their different parts if your vehicle has the auxillary towing package cooler?

It has a bracket on each end by the cooler, it loks like ACDELCO 25999418.

I have 4 days to get these back in the mail Amazon, their 30 day return policy....but more so would like to get it replaced today.

Thanks

Last edited:

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I was looking on here and saw some AC Delco numbers for leaky transmission cooler lines.

I ordered them from Amazon. ACDelco 25999420 & 15779543 Said they ft my vehicle.

I have no idea what these are for but the cooler end is different than my vehicle. Looking at my unit I see no place for the short 15779543 to even go on mine.

These lines look like they connect on the bottom of the cooler. My lines came off the side of the cooler, one low and one high. I have them off already.

Are their different parts if your vehicle has the auxillary towing package cooler?

It has a bracket on each end by the cooler, it loks like ACDELCO 25999418.

I have 4 days to get these back in the mail Amazon, their 30 day return policy....but more so would like to get it replaced today.

Thanks
those lines you ordered are oil cooler lines, not transmission cooler lines, unless you want to add a oil cooler system send em back

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
look on rockauto.com for the right ones, there system is pretty nice for picking out the right parts and prices are usually hard to beat, and as a plus many of the oem parts they sell come with a lifetime warranty versus the 1yr or less you get from anywhere else. there is a 5% discount code in the vendor section of the forum as well.

OP
OP
Royalwapiti

Royalwapiti

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
the ones i bought are listed as fitting my vehicle and are called 'ACDelco 25999420 GM Original Equipment Automatic Transmission Fluid Cooler Inlet and Outlet Line'

that's what has me confused. The other part number I listed shows it fits my vehicle as well, that's why I think the towing package system has different parts.

I did find the new the new part # on Rockauto.

mikeyss

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think they list the transmission cooler lines for both the 4L60 and the 6L80 transmissions. Also some have an external cooler, some do not. GM likes to be confusing, haha

NoReverseYukon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I did something similar. Those are for radiators with an internal cooler, not those with the cooler mounted to the front of the radiator.

OP
OP
Royalwapiti

Royalwapiti

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I don't know what your vehicle is or what the rpo code is for your cooler? but here are a couple of threads on the subject of tranny cooler lines:

https://www.tahoeyukonforum.com/threads/oe-trans-cooler.108439/page-2

https://www.tahoeyukonforum.com/threads/trans-cooler-line.109972/#post-1312942

Yes, these are the threads I used to order the wrong parts. These are for external cooler that has lines feeding into the bottom.

I only needed one part which is two lines connected and they feed into the side of the radiator. ACDELCO 25999418

So look before you order, feed in the bottom, order the parts I mentioned in first post. Lines run into the side of radiator, order the 9418 part.