Transfer case skid plates

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

NoReverseYukon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Since my 2001 has plastic skid plates, I went looking for NBS Z71s at the junkyard to pull any metal plates I could find.
I struck out, but I did see several OBS with aluminum skid plates protecting the transfer case. They are held on with (4) 15mm bolts and nuts - I didn't have enough tools to pull it off.

Does anyone know if these will fit on NBS frames ? Having to drill new mounting holes in the plate won't be a problem. I'm just curious if the NBS frame center support already has the holes in it.

Thanks

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Since my 2001 has plastic skid plates, I went looking for NBS Z71s at the junkyard to pull any metal plates I could find.
I struck out, but I did see several OBS with aluminum skid plates protecting the transfer case. They are held on with (4) 15mm bolts and nuts - I didn't have enough tools to pull it off.

Does anyone know if these will fit on NBS frames ? Having to drill new mounting holes in the plate won't be a problem. I'm just curious if the NBS frame center support already has the holes in it.

Thanks
On the 800s and 900s, the holes are already there (differential and transfer case skid plates) and the bolts are self-tapping with a 15mm head. See if they look like these:

1630617148436.png

Erickk120

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I will tell you a secret, I haven't installed my Tcase and front skid plate back into my z71, I took them off about 5 years ago and haven't bothered to put them back, they are dusted in the garage I might put them back on after my oil change.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeC