Trans/Xfer case compatability

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

novamodeler3

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Been a while since my last post, but this question finds me in an Engine Swap status!

Im putting a new fresh mild 350 in my 99 Hoe. My goal is to eliminate the ECU side of the house, ie: going carbureted.

Now, I understand that the engine swap eliminated the ECU, meaning I'll need a standalone TCU to run the 4L60E in it already. At a 600$ price tag, I'm weary.

I'm weary because for 1200 bucks, I can buy a newly built trans, complete with converter. 700R4, no TCU. No wires.. Simple.

The problem lies in the compatability of the 700R4 and the NP246 Xfer case in the hoe now. I've struck out (so far) looking for adapters on Summit, Google, etc. Whats my next move? New Transfer case with 700R4 compatability, as well as 99 Hoe compatabilty (If so, I'd like to hunt down some part numbers...)

Or, Different trans option that fits the NP246 in the truck already, thats not at 4L60E requiring the TCU.

I cant imagine I've been the only guy down this road before. Any advice or guidance helps! Thanks!

-Justin

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yusefs257

Latest posts