Towing with a 2007 Yukon XL 2500

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well I went and looked at the 07' XL and it was rough. The first thing was the airbag sensor light. Mechanic said "they all do that".... I have never seen it I explained. No way was I test driving a vehicle w/ airbag light. Owner of the lot says he may/maynot fix air bag sensor. So search goes on.

My focus has shifted to looking at Denali's with the 6.2

Lots of power. Should handle a 9000 lb boat for a 50 mile drive.

If you knew the code it may not be a big deal. I've helped a couple guys here with airbag lights and they were both the sensors in the grill that needed replacement. One more guy still needs his looked at and is probably the same thing.

2500s are durable; enduring suspensions and bullet proof motors. Of course, if you only need that capability a handful times a year then it may not be for you. In the end it wasn't for me either as much as I wanted one.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There are very few 2500's out there. Bigger choice on the GMC's which had the 6.2 in them.

I have at least 4 in my neighborhood and saw 4 more in the town south of me the other day on the same road. They didn't make very many compared with the 1500s but they are around. A few months ago dozens and dozens went through ebay.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jake 2015 GMC Yuk

Latest posts