Towing w/ Suburban RST 5.3

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

relbus

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I figured I would post up with my experiences, as I didn’t find a lot of info from guys towing with the the base engine RST. My daily is a 2020 Ram 2500, and its my 6th Ram Cummins. I love diesels and the way they tow. We grabbed a Suburban 5.3 RST back in May and immediately began towing our ski boat around with it. We then took it to Sturgis towing two street glides in a 14’ enclosed.

Today I brought home a 25’ enclosed snowmobile trailer. I intended to pick it up with my Ram, but we didn’t have room for everything in my truck, so we took the burb and picked it up. Very pleased with how it towed. High winds and snow so I had to keep it 60-65 for 100 miles or so, and then was able to take it up to 70 comfortably.

Love this SUV. Wish I would have gone diesel or 6.2, but at the time I was shopping I was mad at my Ram for a DPF failure and wouldn’t consider one.

Pics or it didn’t happen…

OP
OP
relbus

relbus

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Definitely sagging a bit but the burb was PACKED for the holidays at the cabin.

Seamus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have owned several 5.3 variations over the years and never loved them. BUT when we rented a 2021 Suburban for 30 days my opinion changed. Not so much that the 5.3 is great, it just OK but the gearing in the 10 speed made the whole package pretty good. I was very surprised how much i liked it and how good the trans was. Great ride. I am a 3.0 fanboy and IMHO its the best they are putting in these trucks right now. But that is a nice package, and they did a great job, as it is very improved. ALL the present Yukon XL's and Suburbans are the best they have made, there isnt a bad one. Very odd there is no adaptive air ride out back, like there has been for over 20 yrs!!

Good looking truck!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DefiantOne