Towing 6k lbs

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

The 'ER

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just some of the hitch and you hooked up. We have a ton of guys coming in with heavy iron lifted and they are all scared of the towing with weight and sway. No rush but when you get a chance.

---------- Post added at 10:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:50 PM ----------

Here is me on the 4th 7,000 lb 33' travel trailer in tow. I knew she was back there but pulled it like a dream.

egy6yqu9.jpg

ktmhans

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think I'm going to go with BB, thank you. Do you have the 5.3 or 6.0?
As far as the bags, is that because you do not have auto leveling or you wanted the extra support? Thanks

Ive got the 5.3. I really think it pulls good. I keep 10lbs in the bags for daily use. 04 things are saggin! I would also pop a vette servo in there abd although i didnt do it i would add the 4th gear servo upgrade as well.

As for brakes a recently did the R1 drilled/slotted rotors and ceramic pads on all 4 and have had good luck thus far. Especially when they heat up.

OP
OP
4cdndctn

4cdndctn

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Got my Black Bear tune and will be upgrading brakes in 2 weeks before towing to Watkins Glen.
The tune really seemed to wake up the performance, thanks for the recommendation.

Sent from my ATT SGS3

OP
OP
4cdndctn

4cdndctn

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Did the GMT900 upgrade, piece of cake and feels and works great.

Sent from Tapatalk on my Hyperdrive S3

jdpber

GOLD MEMBER
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What rotors did you go with? Rotors can make a huge difference in stop performance.

OP
OP
4cdndctn

4cdndctn

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Carquest fleet pads and roots

---------- Post added at 07:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:33 PM ----------

Rotors that is

jdpber

GOLD MEMBER
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So smooth rotors. Not drilled or slotted.

Drilled will vent more heat on hard stops towing.

Slotted will grabb harder BUT remember BUT they will chew pads faster. But what's $60 a year in pads to stop in time. That right nothing.

The 'ER

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So smooth rotors. Not drilled or slotted.

Drilled will vent more heat on hard stops towing.

Slotted will grabb harder BUT remember BUT they will chew pads faster. But what's $60 a year in pads to stop in time. That right nothing.

X2 best money I ever spent on my Mustang. Needed with the Tahoe with my big meets. Cross drilled and slotted only.

jdpber

GOLD MEMBER
Supporting Member
Reaction score
X2 best money I ever spent on my Mustang. Needed with the Tahoe with my big meets. Cross drilled and slotted only.

We you should put the PP 14" rotors, caliper spacers. And nice pads on. And a good slotted drilled. And add a set pads annually.

OP
OP
4cdndctn

4cdndctn

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I prefer one piece blanks on my tow vehicles and open slot two piece on my race cars.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ihaveatahoetoo