Tow hook mod FINALLY complete / Instructions & Pics (Pic Heavy)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BlaineBug

Full Access Member
Reaction score
OH I see what you did. I wasn't aware you could have the hooks AND the brackets for the bumper together at the same time. I'll have to agree though that they look pretty useless being recessed so far without the appropriate fascia panel that would otherwise have recessed cutouts for the tow hooks for better access.

Sparksalot

Supporting Member
Reaction score
OH I see what you did. I wasn't aware you could have the hooks AND the brackets for the bumper together at the same time. I'll have to agree though that they look pretty useless being recessed so far without the appropriate fascia panel that would otherwise have recessed cutouts for the tow hooks for better access.
I've used a soft shackles successfully on thecopcar, which is similarly set up.

BlaineBug

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The rare factory OEM fascia panel for vehicles that have the adaptive cruise sonar on the driver side and 1 tow hook on the passenger side only appears to be non-recessed just like your "do it yourself" cutouts.

380993-3137e4f4410be1a90ae3fe5f763d18ba[1].jpg