Tow/haul problem

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

krazykurt

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
When i got to hit my tow haul button nothing happens no lights on the cluster or anything is there any easy way to trouble shoot this?

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk

big_b_in_PA

Billy Badass
Reaction score
Pull the steering column panels off and make sure the wire running out of the bottom of the shifter is hooked up, or if it came unplugged. That is the most common problem with the tow haul button.

ccapehartusarmyINF.(ret)

Full Access Member
Reaction score
question my understanding of what the tow haul mode does is its basically the same as fords OD on/off button wich basically keeps the tranny from shifting into OD untill you reach at least 65 or something but ive heard somepeople say that it raises the shift points in the tranny but as far as i can tell my tahoe shifts the same in tow haul mode and doesnt shift into 4th

Last edited:

afpj

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's 'supposed' to change the shift points so that under load tranny stays in lower gear longer before up shift. For example going uphill it would stay in 3rd longer than normal to prevent the typical 3-4 shuffle.

OP
OP
K

krazykurt

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Yea i tried pulling a trailer last weekend and it was horrible trying to go up hills

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
warock56

Latest posts