Touchless Lift Gate Issue 2021 Danali

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RonLC

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I am having trouble getting the lift gate to open when I pass my foot though the GMC logo shining on the ground. It takes several times to work if at all. Ideas?

TrueAt1stLight

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I find you gotta do a front kick instead of a swipe

This. Foot forward toward the front of the vehicle then pull straight back. Works every time. There is a definite technique to it. My Q7 was same way and once figured out, worked perfectly.

Stbentoak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
We have this on another vehicle. Has been a PITA since new. Works about 50% of the time and never when your arms are full....
Don't rely on it at all.....

Fireman591

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine is going in this week for a new sensor. Mine opens on it's own due to condensation getting into it. You would think GM would design a better part considering this part gets wet due to it's location.

!cid_storage_0000-0000_DCIM_Camera_20210409_155704_jpg_1617998396191.jpg

VAguy68

Reaction score
My chevy "logo" that supposed to be displayed is now just a white blob. I've cleaned the lense to no avail. It's going in too. I don't "swipe", I kick and it works 85% of the time first try.

SAdude

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine is glitchy to, but I've never really liked the feature so I generally don't even use it.

tomgilk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My chevy "logo" that supposed to be displayed is now just a white blob. I've cleaned the lense to no avail. It's going in too. I don't "swipe", I kick and it works 85% of the time first try.

Yeah, you have to kick directly at it (and sometimes make contact) and it works great, probably about the same 80%+ but if you go left to right it will pretty much never work.

Let me know what they do about the blob, mine is the same. If it wasn't such a small piece I'd put a damn Slayer logo on there instead.