TOTQ? It may be coming...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Status
Not open for further replies.

THE YETI

Director of Operations
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just gathering feedback. Due to the lack of participation in TOTM over the past few years, we were kicking around the idea of Truck of the Quarter (or Season).

I have thought about allowing no nomination restrictions (other than previous WINNER cannot reapply until the following calendar year) with this new idea. Possibly allow 10-12 trucks to complete. Please keep in mind that typically we only have a few submissions per month and its the same 12-15 voters per month. I'd like to keep it competitive, but I am option to suggestions.

Also considering of sponsoring the TOTQ myself and allowing gift certificates to the winner, or shirts, or whatever else we may decide.

Anyhow, I am going to allow this to be an open thread for discussion for about the next few weeks. I'd like to instill this new program on 1/1/18. Id like to see a Winter, Spring, Summer, and Fall TOTQ. Winter would be JAN-MAR, Spring APR-JUNE, Summer JUL-SEPT, and Fall OCT-DEC.

Please share your thoughts?

All decisions will be made amongst some of the moderators and admins of this forum.

gat0r

Full Access Member
Reaction score
the being nominated within the last 6 months rule is 1 thing killing participation now.
i kinda get it, being so many regulars submit.

the other thing, i bet new users dont want to submit...thinking stock trucks cant win.... which really isnt the case. there are some really clean stock SUVs here.

& maybe most are just here for advice & tips. i know i didnt try for a while when i joined.

if yall do TotQ, there may be times where more the 12 vehicles submit.

OP
OP
THE YETI

THE YETI

Director of Operations
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i appreciate your feedback.

But we aren’t here for TOTM. We are here for TOTQ comments and suggestions.

:)

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I like the idea of TOTQ. I assume it would still be themed? I assume there would be other changes to stir up participation so that TOTQ didn't wind up being just a less frequent TOTM? LOL

Matt_

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Or TOTQ is selected from the previous two quarters TOTM winners? So each quarter's winners get two shots at TOTQ (unless someone wins and its the first time their quarter was eligible). Might help drive more participation in TOTM that way...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MyCleftNut

Latest posts