Torque Pro - no trans temp?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

4WDTRK

sleeps in garage
Reaction score
I got the Torque app up and running today. It connects fine and I can see various real time readouts, however the one I really wanted was trans temp. When I add it from the list it doesn't have any data. What am I doing wrong? Does my model Tahoe not have the ability to read trans temp? Any help is appreciated, I'm confused. Thanks!

W8TVI

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a 2000 Yukon XL, and Torque doesn't show trans temp for me, ether.
I'm pretty sure there is a sensor for that, even on a truck as old as mine.

OP
OP
4WDTRK

4WDTRK

sleeps in garage
Reaction score
Ok making some progress on this and wanted to share....it looks like you need to load the extra GM PID's from the settings (thanks TURNz!). I won't be able to test until later, but looks like it will work. :)

afpj

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's what I had to do to get that trans temp monitor. Sure would like to get oil temp too but I've read that it is not possible on these gmt 800 with torque app.

OP
OP
4WDTRK

4WDTRK

sleeps in garage
Reaction score
That's what I had to do to get that trans temp monitor. Sure would like to get oil temp too but I've read that it is not possible on these gmt 800 with torque app.
Would oil temp be very far off from coolant temp?

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SDHanz