Torque Converter Chatter....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

noob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just wondering if anyone else has experienced this. My 2017 Escalade has been a great car so far with zero vibrations on the highway. I've done a few road trips in it and the family loves the car. But I just turned just under 32k miles, and it depending on my driving style but mostly during "slow" driving, the car feels like it's going over rough pavement when it shifts. Especially between 40-50 mph, which is must shift from 6-7-8 in a short period of time. Imagine driving over the rough section of interstate that they put down next to the shoulder to let you know you are veering off the road, that's what it feels like. Wondering if this is normal, Only happens when the car is shifting. I already made an appointment, cars going to the dealer Wednesday since it's still under warranty.

OP
OP
N

noob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Car went in the shop this past Saturday, they never called me about anything yet. Guess Bc they gave me a 2018 escalade premium to drive around in, they figure who cares (that’s how it was last time, I called to check on my car and they told me you have a car to drive around in so we will call you when it’s ready). I must say most of the changes from my 2017 to this 2018 is minimal, the memory seat button is higher, there’s a button instead of a pedal for the parking brake, and the 10 speed shifts quicker (though there is still the occasional hard shift). At 55mph it’s at 1k rpm in 10th gear. And I don’t know if it’s because this car is shorter than my esv, but it seems to be louder (exhaust) and have more outside noise.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Georgia 4Low