Tire Rub

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sidthekid

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Whats the deal with tire rub. My question relates to putting a 35" tire on my 95 hoe. It seems I have to buy the 6" lift before I can install the 35" tire.... is this true? Doesn't tire rub just have to do with back spacing??? Can't i just purchase a wheel spacer and put that in. Then wait and do the 6" lift?? I'm new at this and just trying to stretch out my dollars instead of dropping all that money at once. I need new tires soon and want some 315/75/16 nittos. I also have another question about upgrading these crappy stock brakes but I'll put that in the next thread. Thanks, Mike

knotty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
you could fit them but you would have to do come cutting on the front bumper or they will rub.... im running 285/75/16's and they fit fine

OP
OP
sidthekid

sidthekid

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
yea, I'm thinking I should just do thie lift first and drive on my 265/75/16 until I got the cash for the tires...hopefully it wont look too bad....

knotty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i like the way my 285's look i just need a lift now lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ihaveatahoetoo