Third row seat won’t flip

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

a4edwin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
One of my third row seats will not flip down. I’ve looked at some YouTube videos and tried the screwdriver through the hinge and it won’t flip down anybody have an idea? Thank you!

jared999

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You aren't hitting the hinge correctly if you cannot get it to flip down (or flip back up). That, or your seat(s) are not locked properly in the track.

Once you get it moved and are able to pull the seat, you will need to disassemble it and remove the trim pieces so that you can fix the cabling as something is probably snapped in there, or seized. But usually its a cable issue and not the gears / levers.

Last edited:

Geotrash

Dave
Supporting Member
Reaction score
One of my third row seats will not flip down. I’ve looked at some YouTube videos and tried the screwdriver through the hinge and it won’t flip down anybody have an idea? Thank you!
I had this problem too, and found that the seat needs to be fully seated in both the front and rear catch points for it to fold either up or down. In my case, my aftermarket floor liner was interfering with the front catch on the driver's side seat. But since I'm 230 lbs, sitting my fat ass on it and bouncing got it seated well enough to get it to fold. After that I cleared the catch points of any interference and have had no more problems.

OP
OP
A

a4edwin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I finally got it flipped down but I messed up the plastic cover which I didn’t want to do. Need to replace the cable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Eliteweapons