These 2023 power light up steps look fugly. Am I alone in this?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tenminutes

Reaction score
1st word problems. But I’ve had our 2023 Yukon for about 3 weeks and these running boards make me feel like I’m in a scene from fast and furious 2 (the not good one).

I mean….why on earth would GM not put these LEDs in a position where so much attention isn’t drawn to the bulb pattern, or make it a clean LED strip?

Am I alone on this topic? Or is there some fix this?

zbad55

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Are these for a fixed running board? On my Denali with power assist running boards they are hidden and IMO they look very good,

OP
OP
tenminutes

tenminutes

Reaction score
They aren’t fixed. They are just so exposed. And it’s a rope led light basically.

Love the light and safety aspect but just wish it wasn’t so visible. Looks like an autozone special on a $90k vehicle. Guess I’ll mope alone

OP
OP
tenminutes

tenminutes

Reaction score
Picture. I'll get use to it. The fact that some of you actually like seeing it is encouraging to a degree. But the look of seeing little bright dots under the car just strikes a hint of "98 civic with a multi colored underglow kit" when I'm walking up to it at night. My point is, and I'll live on my island with it, is that even Brian O'Conner installs his under light lit kit where you don't see the bulbs, only the light it creates. Feels like a design oversight from GM to me. But then again the illuminated GMC emblem is hilarious to me too. To each their own.

Screen Shot 2023-06-28 at 10.48.18 AM.png

Steveo123

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Said the same when I took delivery of a 21 Denali XL back in October 2020. I think it is extremely cheap looking to have each light being separated like that . . . . . . Should have been a full strip. I absolutely hated it, but now I have lowly Z71 Tahoe with fixed boards so I can’t complain. lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BrentL9900