thehoe92 Lowered 3/5

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
thehoe92

thehoe92

fo sho
Reaction score
problem; one missing bushing on one DJM rear shock
solution; take a bushing from a front DJM shock since I'm already running Belltech drop shocks in the front and swap it to the rear

SO glad I found the ring that fatnlow sent with my kit otherwise I wouldn't have been able to use OEM hardware

took off my shock extenders today because I was going to run the short Bilsteins again on the DJM's until I got the bushing from Steve..

..got done with that and wanted to swap to the Belltech coils again (don't ask why I just felt like it I guess)

..got done with that and was going to put in the Bilsteins and realized they don't accept OEM hardware; I was using the bolts clean95 gave me off his truck

looked at the DJM shocks and started playing around

so overall now I am running..
Belltech Front Drop 2 Shocks
Belltech 3" Torsion Keys
Belltech 4" Drop Coil (5305)
DJM Drop Shocks w/ no shock extenders

and OMG! I love the way my tahoe rides now, it is the BIGGEST difference going from springs to tiny shocks with no uptravel to stiffer springs to soft springs with stiff shocks

such a smooth ride

oh and I put in my coil isolators again because I wanted to see if it would make a difference in the ride or any noises and so far so good

thank you for reading the longest post in this thread :)

OP
OP
thehoe92

thehoe92

fo sho
Reaction score
probably a simple question but I can't really think straight right now..

what is the purpose of shock extenders, I know the obvious but what application?

they didn't really do any good when I had stock shocks because they still kept me from being as low as possible..
I'll PM you when I get a response to this :)

AV8ter

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Shock extenders just give you more usable travel for your shocks because the shock stops working 1-2'' before they bottom out.

OP
OP
thehoe92

thehoe92

fo sho
Reaction score
welcome to TYF :)

seen you on SMD for a while

but thanks, just the info I needed

next step for me is mod the stock bump stops and find a place to mount them or buy some after market ones

then shorter end links

then sway bars :)

AV8ter

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You'll enjoy the **** out of a rear aftermarket swaybar. It will make a bigger noticeable difference in handling then the front would. It will be closer to neutral handling and the back end will come around easier.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jerodmortensen