Theft, need suggestion on what to install what you suggest and what works ...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Jorge1313

Jorge1313

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I used to leave my Jeep unlocked just for that reason. The idiot still cut through the soft top and stole my sunglasses and boom box.

I think Jorge is growing to like his new hotrod Tahoe.

I definitely wouldn’t go back now it has grown with me the 6.2 . It was just the first week where it chugged gas like a new a baby breathing for the first time. After the trip I did over the weekend. The comfort ride the power it has to move in freeway it glides down the highway. Sometime we get upset at small things in life.We need sometime to read more than 20 replies in this thread to get it right. It’s just one reply that boom make you think. It not easy but the people YES THE PEOPLE WHO POST HERE is what make this forum special . It’s complex of knowledge and kindness and understanding. It’s what bring the forum together. I don’t know any of you all at all . But thought and replies to all my questions has made think. People come to help to other when a helping hand is in need. I havnt seen this hardly anywhere . I guess this must be a Chevy thing people who buy Chevy have a different view in life. Might sound weird but we are all for one reason I think is family or friends . Who ever buys a 70k or 50k or 40 k suv like Tahoe Denali Suburbon is going to carry family or people to share moments with. Fishing traveling boating or taking kids to school. I guess we all more careful with our money decision. For that price you can easily buy a Range Rover or 1yr used S class or a masserati.But we choose not to bling we choose to find our need in utility it big safe and haul a trailer or boat if needed. And haul people together to share a moment .All cars haul people but not many haul 7 people comfortable. I bought more for floods safety of family and if I need to haul a trailer I have this. To the many who read till last line this forum is not your usual forum it a place where people stop and help others life should always have been like this.

BeenChevy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
GPS vehicle tracker is the way to go so long as you get creative where you hide it. I'd imagine any decent chop-shop will use a jammer though but still your best chance for 'last known location'. Here's Lifewire's list of the 7 best GPS trackers in 2018: https://www.lifewire.com/best-car-gps-trackers-4158961

Avoid the dongle-style that can be pulled out in your parking spot.

SSpinball

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yes, valet mode locks the hidden compartment.
I leave my old shooting range targets in the floorboard as floor mats,
seems to work pretty good as a theft deterrent.

Last edited:

08HoeCD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I remember adding a fancy head unit to my car about 20 years ago. A big feature of this particular head unit was that it was promoted as being no good if ripped/stolen out of the vehicle. About 4 weeks later, somebody smashed the window and ripped/stole it anyway. Less than a year later, I moved out of that neighborhood and into my current house.

I learned some good lessons:

1. Leave stuff inside your vehicle as stock-looking as possible so as to make it less enticing to those who smash & grab.
  2. Building upon #1, spend less money on stuff and more of it into living in a lower-crime environment.
  3. Related to #2, make a garage part of your lower-crime environment, park in it, and keep the door closed.

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
I remember adding a fancy head unit to my car about 20 years ago. A big feature of this particular head unit was that it was promoted as being no good if ripped/stolen out of the vehicle. About 4 weeks later, somebody smashed the window and ripped/stole it anyway. Less than a year later, I moved out of that neighborhood and into my current house.

I learned some good lessons:

1. Leave stuff inside your vehicle as stock-looking as possible so as to make it less enticing to those who smash & grab.
  2. Building upon #1, spend less money on stuff and more of it into living in a lower-crime environment.
  3. Related to #2, make a garage part of your lower-crime environment, park in it, and keep the door closed.
Can't argue with this logic.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kylesimmons