Theft, need suggestion on what to install what you suggest and what works ...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jorge1313

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What is worth the money that tracks it alerts you . Or what do you suggest for theft. Beside the expensive ONSTAR I call it death star to your pocket. What do you guys have that gives you piece of mind. Been hearing about a lot of car theft . During the day mostly with tow trucks hooking you up . Also rim theft too.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
latest viper with smartstart and gps, the service cost $99 for 1yr, this is just the contract cost after purchasing the system and having it installed, I also added a tilt sensor and glass sensor and a interior 8 led warning lamp and high decibel interior siren, I can control the system from 1 mile with the key fob or anywhere in the world on my phone, sends a warning if the battery power gets low, you can set it to send a warning if the vehicle moves (i.e. gets towed or stolen). expandable with other options as needed, customizations are only limited by ingenuity.

fiatdale

Houstons Best
Reaction score
That’s why you have insurance. If you try to prevent theft and an attempt is made they’ll damage it which will make you more pissed than if they just took it. Let them have it and have a good insurance policy

OP
OP
Jorge1313

Jorge1313

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just let someone steal it already, so you can go get something that gets better gas mileage.
No if I lost it I’d get another one with 6.2 Denali or Chevy it might sound crazy but it gets great milage I think in highway . The city is where it might improve I guess cause the engine is still adjusting to sit the piston ring and sealing the sleeve it still settling in. You too would, be concerned if you got same milage I got first tank 5 or 6 you wouldn’t be laughing

dbbd1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No if I lost it I’d get another one with 6.2 Denali or Chevy it might sound crazy but it gets great milage I think in highway . The city is where it might improve I guess cause the engine is still adjusting to sit the piston ring and sealing the sleeve it still settling in. You too would, be concerned if you got same milage I got first tank 5 or 6 you wouldn’t be laughing
After 3 separate threads about mileage on the 6.2, it does seem that you are quite unhappy with it.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That’s why you have insurance. If you try to prevent theft and an attempt is made they’ll damage it which will make you more pissed than if they just took it. Let them have it and have a good insurance policy

I used to leave my Jeep unlocked just for that reason. The idiot still cut through the soft top and stole my sunglasses and boom box.

I think Jorge is growing to like his new hotrod Tahoe.

dbbd1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
An AR-15, good cameras surrounding your house and a Kimber behind the sliding radio screen.

Then you need my sliding radio screen mod to prevent that from walking off sometime too. It prevents it from opening.

LT1ZOB

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Then you need my sliding radio screen mod to prevent that from walking off sometime too. It prevents it from opening.

The vettes lock screen and glovebox in “valet” mode. Never tried it on my Tahoe. Assuming the screen has a locking mode?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Phoenix2k9

Latest posts