The Murdering Continues: Painted My Billet Grill, Boat Horns, & Mini Compressor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

foreverfalcon40

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Taking Bella Donna to her first car show on Sunday. Well 2 n half hours worth due to I have work.

Today I painted my Billet Grill Black, De-Chromed my Boat Horns, & Mini Compressor and blacked them out.

I am really waiting for my rims to get back from Power Coat. If that happens I'll be PSYCHHHED!

BEFORE:
DSC00616.jpg

AFTER:
blackoutgrill.jpg

black95

Full Access Member
Reaction score
it came out really nice, painting the grill isnt that bad right, but it makes a huge difference

OP
OP
foreverfalcon40

foreverfalcon40

Full Access Member
Reaction score
YUP THANKS DUDE!

Ended up doing it a lil different then you. But it came our *******!

OP
OP
foreverfalcon40

foreverfalcon40

Full Access Member
Reaction score
how did you do it , just out of curiosity

Supplies 600 Grit Sandpaper
few clean shop towels
A Cleaner/Degreaser from an autobody supply store (needed to where chemical proof gloves and mask) I had niether...just mother nature. But I did wear long sleeves and doubled up on regular gloves
Adhesion Promoter
High Gloss Hi-Temp Engine Paint (its the only high gloss paint they had at autozone at the time

1) Sand it down real good
2) Wipe it down
3) Sprayed the Cleaner on and let it sit
4) I have a Compressor with a Air Blow fitting so I blew it dry and then wiped it down
5) Sprayed Adhesion Promoter
6) Then painted it like 4-5 coats on each side. I know it much but I'm **** :) and shit from mother nature kept gettin on there. REALLY NEED A BOOTH.

In b/w coats i let dry for 1-2 hours
Final coat I let dry for 3-4 hours

I did all of that with my boat horns and compressor too.

Its raining...I hope it holds!

Cost me like 14 bucks!

---------- Post added at 12:29 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:28 AM ----------

You named your 'hoe Bella Donna? That's funny. Hehe, Bella Donna, a 'hoe...

Ahahaa someone finally caught on...
Came ya blame me...there the same! I'm silician so ya know...

GOOGLE HER OR DL ONE OF HER VIDEOS FROM LIMEWIRE OR WUTEVER

---------- Post added at 12:31 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:29 AM ----------

since when did you get your cowl hood on? damn i havent been on here enough :(

Dude...its been on...wait till you see my 22" Chip Foose Speedsters come back from Powder Coat. I had to hammer out the 168 plastic studs so they wouldn;t melt in the process. I'm afraid to order them b/c I have to hammer them in and I don't mess up the paint!

OP
OP
foreverfalcon40

foreverfalcon40

Full Access Member
Reaction score
GOT MY RIMS BACK FROM P/C TODAY! SOOO FRESH!

Ran straight to the tire place when I had the chance today! Soo Sick...I had minor rubbing in the right rear but thats nothing a lil muscle couldn't fix! Really need my FOOSE centercaps to come in the mail from MHT and they'll be perfect!

Also getting my AVS Headlight covers! Look sick...make my headlights and corners light look ONE PIECE!

OOO I can't wait for PICS!