The dreaded suspension creak on 2012 Yukon Denali XL

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hunterxx12

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have read through several threads in this forum about this symptom and it appears I have a failing ball joint (my self diagnosis). Assuming that my mechanic agrees with me, does it make sense to replace just the ball joints or do most replace the control arms as well? My truck has over 150k miles and I don't anticipate getting rid of it anytime soon. (Replaced the engine, transmission and the cat system all in the last 6 months - gotta get my money's worth out of it :) )

Any feedback would be appreciated.

KeiJonZ71

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Go ahead and do the whole control arms. I just did some on my 07 LTZ and they came with ball joints. Since type plan on keeping it just go ahead and do the whole front end.

dnt1010

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Go with Moog and replace the control arms with ball joints. Just had my passenger side done, around 180 bones for the upper and lower control arms (Rock Auto) and 165 bones for the labor and 79 bones for the alignment. Adds up to several dollars but the bad ball joint was killing my Nitto Grapplers and I had to do it! I ran it for around 6,000 miles after the ball joint started making noise. I injected some grease into the ball joint boot but it was too late to save them. It quieted down but the +200k factory joints were shot.

Derick

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Moog has slipped into the realm of the cheap chinese crap. I've tried the mevotech terrain tough joints on my burb, and have been pretty satisfied with them. I'd recommend them and they are very cost effective on rockauto.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
montanaboy65