Temperature guage

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bbillman01

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have a 2018 Tahoe that is not registering on the temp gauge and the radiator fan runs for 5 minutes after I shut it off.
I have replaced thermostat and temp sensor and still does it
Thoughts ?

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have a 2018 Tahoe that is not registering on the temp gauge and the radiator fan runs for 5 minutes after I shut it off.
I have replaced thermostat and temp sensor and still does it
Thoughts ?
Seems to be a ongoing issue with BAD parts out there (specifically 2015-2020), both on the thermostat and sensor. Some people are having to replace one or the other twice or even 3 times.
that being said I would double check the sensor and harness. I would magine there is a ohm test that can be done

Fless

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Seems to be a ongoing issue with BAD parts out there (specifically 2015-2020), both on the thermostat and sensor. Some people are having to replace one or the other twice or even 3 times.
that being said I would double check the sensor and harness. I would magine there is a ohm test that can be done

And a scanner should show what the ECT is reporting, in live data. Read it and see if it makes sense.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
And a scanner should show what the ECT is reporting, in live data. Read it and see if it makes sense.
Seen many posts just like this and it's been mostly the "new" thermostat is no good, it's been unclear what brand is being used, I can only assume not oem

OP
OP
B

Bbillman01

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
So I drove the car and it must have taken that for the new parts to kick in, all is working now

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ihaveatahoetoo

Latest posts