Tailgate

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

raress9596

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Having a problem with my 2012 LTZ. Warning light keeps coming about the tailgate being open while i'm driving. Park the truck and the factory alarm keeps going off usually in the middle of the night. Any suggestions as to what may be causing it. Thanks.

Clean07Burb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If its telling you the tailgate is open, it could be a malfunction in the tailgate switch or even in the alarm somewhere. Maybe even a short in the tailgate wiring?

GM Customer Service

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Having a problem with my 2012 LTZ. Warning light keeps coming about the tailgate being open while i'm driving. Park the truck and the factory alarm keeps going off usually in the middle of the night. Any suggestions as to what may be causing it. Thanks.

Hi raress9596,

I can definitely see how these concerns would be frustrating. If you would like an additional layer of assistance in getting this resolved, we would be happy to contact your dealership. Please send us a PM with your VIN, mileage, and preferred dealership. Thanks, and I look forward to hearing from you soon!

Sincerely,

Alison B.
GM Customer Care

02Burgundybeast

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine did this as well. The wire loom was pinched at the door seam and caused the wires to fray.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zackhettinger14

Latest posts