Tahoe RST 6.2L 10 Speed Trans on the Official Chevy Site

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mtocrs1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The only good ones were pre 07?! No way! Those with the biggest tin can, unsafe, rattling shit boxes ever. 07-14 the best hands down.
Totally disagree, 07-14 GM suv and trucks were the biggest POS ever. No way I would own one. My company had a few and they fell apart worse than anything I have ever seen. The pre 07 were our reliable workhorses while the 07-14 where falling to pieces. My wife wanted and needed a new SUV for years but I refused to get one until the new body style was released.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kwOH

Banned
Reaction score
Totally disagree, 07-14 GM suv and trucks were the biggest POS ever. No way I would own one. My company had a few and they fell apart worse than anything I have ever seen. The pre 07 were our reliable workhorses while the 07-14 where falling to pieces. My wife wanted and needed a new SUV for years but I refused to get one until the new body style was released.

I think the new ones have some problems too.......

Miami-Dade

Staff member
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think the new ones have some problems too.......

I hope and pray not..I am on my third trip to NYC from Miami and still love my Hoe.

I was in a Livery 2015 Suburban last month that had 140K miles..The driver does a ton of idling to keep his Burban nice and cold in the jungle heat..The driver said he has done nothing but oil changes..He changes the oil out every 5-6K miles with Mobil 1.

My original plan was to buy a 2013 or 2014 Hoe but the price of one of those was so high [with 100K miles] decided to get the 2016..Hope I made the right move.

sickk23

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Owning a trucking company, all GM trucks have a rep for falling apart here so it seems par the course for this company. But I still like them anyways. They make the best road queens.

Z71Jack

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The configurator only seems to allow a build with RWD using the 6.2L

mtocrs1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My local dealership now has an RST in black, it doesn't have the 6.2 but cosmetically in black it has missed the mark. The wheels are ugly and there is no contrast, looks blah. They left the wood trim on the inside!!!!!! Come on GM. A blacked out trim performance package vehicle with wood grain trim....

Shadow17

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The only good ones were pre 07?! No way! Those with the biggest tin can, unsafe, rattling shit boxes ever. 07-14 the best hands down.
Yeah, same here. We had a 2002 (3) Tahoe Z71 that we traded a GC Overland in for and I'll never forget my wife's 'UGH' expression when I brought it home. The 80's interior along with the slippery leather seats were dated. In the 3 years we owned it the a/c went out, rear window defroster went out, drivers power seat stopped working, engine was a slug, and had those horrible 3rd row seats that needed lifted out (which were held onto by GM for way too long compared to Ford), BOSE stereo was junk (they all are actually), and couldn't keep it's ass off the ground towing.
If we ever owned a soccer Mom, comfort wagon, that was it. :(

15YUKON

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My 2015 Yukon XL Denali is now almost at 60,000 miles and has been nothing but problems and dealer trips. Most of those things you mentioned breaking on you 03 have already broken on this truck. It seems very sperratic some guys have no issues with their tahoes/yukons and some are absolute lemons. GM has no consistency with these trucks. maybe the 18' have the kinks worked out but I'm not dumb enough to buy one to find out.

Last edited:

ktpinnacle

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Owning a trucking company, all GM trucks have a rep for falling apart here so it seems par the course for this company. But I still like them anyways. They make the best road queens.

They didn't consult with me when they came up with that rep. I've had two vehicles since 1989, a 1989 K-Blazer and a 2001 Yukon. 560,000 total miles on the original two engines. I needed to replace the tranny in the K-Blazer at about 175,000 miles. Still on the same tranny at 310,000 miles in the Yukon. There are some aspects of each i would have changed, but mechanically they've very rarely let me down in 28 years.

Having said that, I'm very leery about buying a new Tahoe/Yukon due to the reported vibration issues and jacked up prices.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
griffey_mojo