Tahoe LS back cam question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bluegt504

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
i have the 2015 tahoe ls with the 4" screen comes with a back up camera but it has no lines. in the information screen it has a camera line on/off display but changes nothing. any idea? also is it possible to by the camera with the turning lines. dealership knows nothing

Mad Maxx

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the joys of the POS Base Radio. It basically does what it wants, when it wants, and the dealer will tell you it's either working as designed, they can't replicate the problem, or GM knows about it and is working on a fix, but they can't tell you when it'll be released.

Clean07Burb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
^Lol. Must suck owning a new truck that cost $50+ and things don't work properly so the dealerships just blow you off. They sure don't blow you off when they think you're shopping for a vehicle, but it seems they have no problem trying to squirm their way out of warranty work. Glad everything is working great on my old ass '07 Suburban. :)

Mad Maxx

Full Access Member
Reaction score
^Lol. Must suck owning a new truck that cost $50+ and things don't work properly so the dealerships just blow you off. They sure don't blow you off when they think you're shopping for a vehicle, but it seems they have no problem trying to squirm their way out of warranty work. Glad everything is working great on my old ass '07 Suburban. :)

Oh yea, it's great!! They're quick to blame Apple, saying the Radio is working as it should.

It's real easy to blame another company or pass the problem off, when you don't know WTF is wrong with your POS Electronics...just say, it's not us, it's them.

JohnC12

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm stuck in the LS base radio camp and couldn't agree more with the comments thus far.

After receiving the same song and dance from my dealership saying that they can't duplicate my issues, I've spent weeks researching ways to get rid of my crappy radio... and thus far, I'm stuck with it.

To upgrade from my IO3 to the IO5 or IO6 system would cost thousands AND I've been told that they'd have to remove the entire dashboard to do so!

To upgrade to an aftermarket radio would mean that I loose my factor installed back-up cam and other factory options, which I don't want to do. So... I'm stuck until someone figures out a cost effective way to upgrade, or until a company develops a way to easily convert all of the factory related options to properly work on an aftermarket radio.

Other than the technology/radio issues, I LOVE my Tahoe, but with my options thus far, it only makes financial sense to sell my Tahoe and buy something that has a proper radio system.

Last edited:

JohnC12

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Out of curiosity, has anyone tried installing an aftermarket radio is a 15 Tahoe?

JohnC12

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks Mad Maxx! Yeah I agree, the AX-LCD interface would be a must have.

I've had my eye on the Metra site as they recently came out with an adapter to retain the factory backup cam when installing an aftermarket radio in a 2015 Tahoe. BUT, after emailing back and forth with Metra, I learned that it does not work with IO3 system - only IO4 and above. <sigh>

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Amendez