Tahoe for Yukon Taillight Swap

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bourgeois

Reaction score
jmitchell
Any update on the wiring or reprogram of the tail lights? I would like to know more. I installed the vland escalade tail lights and having the same problem
One of the biggest differences on the Yukon vs the Tahoe light is that the Yukon has 2 separate lights for the brake lights and turn signal lights. Whereas the Tahoe just has the same bulbs functioning as the brake and turn signal lights. Therefore, the Tahoe is trying to send a signal to the same bulbs for each of these 2 functions and the Yukon light is looking for 2 separate signals which right now the Tahoe can't perform without reprogramming. Therefore, I am going to run both functions through the red LED string (brake and blinker) and ignore the use of the yellow LED's for the blinkers (Yellow LED's will not be used at all). There needs to be a resistor in this line because these functions were with incandescent bulbs on the Tahoe and now are LED with the Yukon. This will get rid of the error message on the DIC and rapid flash on the blinkers. All other functions work properly. More info to follow...

JohnMoe

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
What was the outcome? Did anyone successfully swap Yukon tails onto a Tahoe and have red brake, yellow turn and reverse all working as if it WAS a Yukon?

Undeserving

Mitch and Murray sent me.
Reaction score
I thought the new 2017 chevy models had all LED tail lights. If so, this mod should be a simple swap.

jeffbco

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I thought the new 2017 chevy models had all LED tail lights. If so, this mod should be a simple swap.
I have 2017 Yukon Denali...but actually prefer the 2017 Tahoe tail lights. Would this be a direct plug-n-play swap?

jeffbco

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My 17 has incandescent brake lights and turn signals.
Correct - parts diagram shows three bulbs - one bulb for stop light, one bulb for back-up light and a third one for turn signal - all the same part number.

https://www.gmpartsdirect.com/auto-...flex-engine/electrical-cat/bulbs-chassis-****

Yukon only has one bulb - back-up light.

https://www.gmpartsdirect.com/auto-...flex-engine/electrical-cat/bulbs-chassis-****

Hattie2879

Reaction score
What was the outcome? Did anyone successfully swap Yukon tails onto a Tahoe and have red brake, yellow turn and reverse all working as if it WAS a Yukon?

I'm resurrecting this thread because I'm interested in doing the swap. Any additional info on how to get it working properly? I did a quick search in the forum an mostly saw how to swap to Esky tail lights, not my style though. So, I'm curious to know if it's a difficult task before I even think about purchasing the Yukon tail lights.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DefiantOne