Tahoe cut off while driving & won't start

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
I have a '04 Tahoe LT and While driving on the interstate it just cut off, I coast to the exit ramp & tried to restart it but no luck. Batt was fully charged, & it was trying to crank but wouldn't turn over. I eventually bumped the ignition then immediately tried cranking again and it fired up. Does this sound like a trimming prob? What else could it be?

big_b_in_PA

Billy Badass
Reaction score
Fuel pump, if it refuses to start again, give the tank a good smack about half way back on the bottom. Most likely it will fire up again, and your fuel pump is shot. If its not that, start checking electronic connections. But to me its sounding like a pump issue.

OP
OP
HurricaneSSeason
Reaction score
Fuel pump, if it refuses to start again, give the tank a good smack about half way back on the bottom. Most likely it will fire up again, and your fuel pump is shot. If its not that, start checking electronic connections. But to me its sounding like a pump issue.

Thanks I'll try that

PwtrSS_OakCliff

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sound to me also like a fuel pump issue.. Think we need to drop the tank in ours.. sucks.. Should also consider changing your fuel filter.. Might not be the problem but it would be good to change anyway if you haven't done so.

Doverpoint

Reaction score
It is much easier if you use a nibbling tool and cut the floor board metal above the fuel pump.

Make sure you change out your fuel filter when you change the fuel pump.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csan2879