Tahoe Column Shifter Replacement

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

danderai1990

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have a95 K1500 with the exact break points. It was hard to put into Park and my son forced it and the column just dangled. Does the big nut on the loop where the ball from the new mechanism goes into have to be removed to install?

danderai1990

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I looked at it and i see where it needs to come out..... I had to use some force to get the screws out but now im just waiting to put the new shifter on.... I will only have two screws to go back in since the screwhole on the column itself broke just like in the picture. Im glad this post is still here from a few years back.

Tibbz

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have the same problem but with my Chevy 1500 does anyone know what the part is called where it hold the ball piece into the shifting holder ? Sorry not very mechanically inclined. It's broken the same spot on yours and it's the same piece broken. My shifter is intact but the actual mount is busted off to the point I could pull it out by hand

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mitchievu