Tahoe broken manifold bolts - replace the manifolds too?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ncalvo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
To save myself a headache I am gonna have a shop remove and replace my broken manifold bolts and gaskets.
The shop says they do it all the time, and replace the manifolds at the same time, and typically use dorman.
I am gonna grab some ARP bolts and Mahle gaskets.

Should I bother to replace the manifolds? Should I grab GM manifolds for $113/188 each on rockauto?
I also saw magnaflow has a nice y-pipe I am considering throwing in at the same time.

Or should I just replace the bolts and gaskets?

Not looking for anything that requires custom fitting, or anything louder. I have magnaflow catbacks and after my recent tune they sound mint.

OP
OP
ncalvo

ncalvo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes that would be the plan, just pay for labor.
I am leaning towards GM manifolds, new bolts and gaskets, and the magnaflow y-pipe to do it all at the same time and not touch it again.

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
What @rockola1971 said and can even reuse your manifolds if you have them sent to a machine shop and surface the mount face, have done that before. The cost offset between that and supplying the new manifolds from RA, is likely not worth it and I would just do the new manifolds. Everything attaching to the new manifolds goes so much faster and easier and if salt on roads, well you can see where I am going. Tell the shop you want to supply OE and not use Dorman.