Tahoe Auto Start Heat

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RSN NVSN

Reaction score
I was hoping someone on here may have the answer since the local dealerships don't seem to know anything. I have a 2010 Tahoe Z71 and when I use the auto start options the truck turns on but the heat doesn't. Lately the weather has been around 50 degrees so just slightly chilly. When I turned the truck off I left the heat on at 76 degrees. But when I turn the auto start on the heat does not come on until I put in the key and turn to on position.

The dealership tells me the heat will only come on with auto start if the ambient temp is in the 30's. Seems to me like this is a programming issue. Can this setting be changed somehow? Can it be set to have the heat come on when ever I auto start it?

Peaches

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The dealership is right, it won't come on until the temps are at least in the 30s.

As far as I know, there isn't a way to change it. At least not one that I have figured out. I just got used to it not kicking on and lived with it.

OP
OP
RSN NVSN

RSN NVSN

Reaction score
Hmmmmm ok well thanks for reply. Guess ill have to start it up manually and turn heat on that way until it gets colder.

chrisfox75

Reaction score
I was hoping someone on here may have the answer since the local dealerships don't seem to know anything. I have a 2010 Tahoe Z71 and when I use the auto start options the truck turns on but the heat doesn't. Lately the weather has been around 50 degrees so just slightly chilly. When I turned the truck off I left the heat on at 76 degrees. But when I turn the auto start on the heat does not come on until I put in the key and turn to on position.

The dealership tells me the heat will only come on with auto start if the ambient temp is in the 30's. Seems to me like this is a programming issue. Can this setting be changed somehow? Can it be set to have the heat come on when ever I auto start it?

My 2008 puts out heat or a/c depending on the temp outside with remote start, i know when i got my wifes, the dealership had to reprogram the hvac system to run upon remote start cause it didnt work at all when remote started so there should be a way to do it, mine works, my wifes now works when remote started.

Now i know the heated seats dont work unless the temp is low enough outside, mine i believe is under 40 degrees before the seats turn on, but if your talking about HVAC heater then it should be able to be programmed.

Maybe try a different dealer??

TinyTot2

Reaction score
The temp had to be below 50 degrees before warm air would come on in my old Impala (2006). The heat or air conditioning never actually turned on. It would only blow warm or cold air depending upon outside temperature.

I haven't paid too much attention with the Tahoe. All I notice is that the heated seats turn on :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Daily Bread