Tahoe addion to the fleet

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

inthechateau

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So my 96 Tahoe is nearing 300K miles and the rear is getting really noisey. Dash lights and radio dial lights no longer work and most of the plastic interior parts are either cracked or missing. So, i start looking for a parts truck to fix the old girl up and keep her on the road. i found a 99 LT taho with engine problems and pick it up for $500 bucks. :gr_grin: I put a battery in it when I go to pick it up and the thing starts right up and I drive it onto the dolley and drag it home. This thing is in better shape than my 96 is and I am thinking of vice versa my original plans. Pulled the heads off of the 99 engine and there it was, cracked heads on #5 and #6 cylinders on each exhaust valve. Water in the oil and intake gaskets have been leaking for a long time on this engine. I have a spare set of heads from a previous project so i am thinking of dropping these heads on and see what the engine does. Only real problem is the #5 cylinder is kind of washed out from a lot of coolant getting in there and sitting for a long time. Question is, will the washed out cylinder wals polish out or will I have oil/ring problems once running? Apreciat the input.
DSCN0076.gif

Gzes

the drifting 2dr
Reaction score
Noce pickup bro it might be too bad i no anti freeze eats up paint

OP
OP
inthechateau

inthechateau

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'll get a couple pics of the bad cylinder up tomorrow, ran out of time today and didn't get to play with it any, too many chores aroudn the house to tend to.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Timnazium