Tahoe 2022 order - delays?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Yarosuav

Reaction score
Sounds like it. We have only 3 dealers here on the island. And I am at loss what to do. Do I request refund and go to the other one? Do I go thru dealership on a mainland and see if they could ship it here? I don't even know what are my options at this point.

Hedge your bets and place couple orders with different dealers? But in your situation that may be tough, given the location and only 3 dealers around.

Polo08816

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So here is the thing. We ordered vehicle in October. October 15th I got my order number. November 12 is when the salesman texted me "Great news. GM has started to build your Tahoe..". I went couple of days later and checked on Chevrolet's website and to this date I am getting update that GM has not accepted my order. When I would get connected with representative on Chevrolet's chat they say it has been accepted but no target production week. December 21st I got another message from our salesman saying I am looking at 8-10 weeks for arrival and that my order is at 1100 status. Around the same time Chevrolet said it's in the batch that would be next in line to be scheduled for production. January 3rd I checked in with Chevrolet still no production target week. Salesman responded with "Your vehicle is not on the line yet. They are prepping up to start the build." (Mind you I have text from November where he said GM started to build the Tahoe". January 14th I was told it's being built, no VIN and still 8-12 weeks away. Yesterday I reached back out only to be told it's still in 1100 and "boss says another 3 months before you get it". I asked if there was a reason for absolutely no progress. No real answer to that. And then was told "patience is key" and "stay positive".

I understand it takes time. We are down to 1 vehicle that can accommodate our family, I am about to have our third kid and ordered new Tahoe as soon as they opened the 2022 orders. At this point I am pissed off, have no idea whom I can talk to to get actual information and tell me what the hell is going on. I know I am not the only one who is waiting for order and don't want to look like I think world is spinning around me. But this is incredibly frustrating especially when I am seeing other people having their vehicles ordered later and they already got it or they have target production week.
Ford just started production on their 2022 Ford Expeditions and Toyota is supposed to start delivering their updated Sequoia this summer.

Also, for Stellantis may have the Dodge Durango share the same chassis with the Wagoneer instead of the Grand Cherokee L.

It might be worth hedging your bets elsewhere if you need a vehicle.

OP
OP
M

Mikejla91

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
The dealership I ordered my Tahoe has another one coming in in 4-6 weeks. It's same trim, 4WD, not Duramax, similar color, no entertainment system in the back, instead of bench it has bucket seats, sunroof, Max trailering package, luxury package .. Debating whether I should take it.

gaffster01

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’ve been there took 9 months to get mine two where never built and the one I got was build first week of production and then sat waiting on parts. Go over to GM inside news and ask Linton to look the code up for you. GM chat is completely worthless. If your dealer doesn’t have allocation that could be the issue or what you ordered is on constraint. Again I would ask Linton.

Fourtyfive

Reaction score
Placed my order in November, still not allocated. Dealership is filling their lot before ordering mine. You may be in the same boat. 1100 means it is not allocated…….waited to order my diesel and now it’s on constraint again…..

Yarosuav

Reaction score
Placed my order in November, still not allocated. Dealership is filling their lot before ordering mine. You may be in the same boat. 1100 means it is not allocated…….waited to order my diesel and now it’s on constraint again…..

Just go to a different dealer…

OP
OP
M

Mikejla91

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I’ve been there took 9 months to get mine two where never built and the one I got was build first week of production and then sat waiting on parts. Go over to GM inside news and ask Linton to look the code up for you. GM chat is completely worthless. If your dealer doesn’t have allocation that could be the issue or what you ordered is on constraint. Again I would ask Linton.
Dealer says they have plenty of allocations. I did just ask Linton, waiting for a response.

gaffster01

Full Access Member
Reaction score
1100 means GM hasn’t accepted the order. If dealer has allocation could be constrained. My first HighCountry Sat for months at 1100 and the dealer had plenty of allocation. Contraints killed it.

OP
OP
M

Mikejla91

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
This is what the dealer will have available in the next 4-6 weeks. I am not sure if I should keep waiting for the one I ordered or drop my "demands" (Duramax, bench seat, and entertainment system) and go with this one instead.

Attachments

• Resized_20220125_141731.JPEG
    Resized_20220125_141731.JPEG
    242.5 KB · Views: 19

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leno1364

Latest posts