Tablet/ipad

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Will Carlson

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Do have been thinking about installing a tablet or iPad in my dash or console. But wanna use my double din radio and keep my ac controls and dic. Anyone have any ideas? 2002 Chevy Tahoe.

S33k3r

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The only other thing you could do is have a swing arm for your tablet. Best option, that gets as close to your list of wants is running a single din radio is the spot CD players go in the up-model trucks. Move your climate controls to the spot about that. And then you can run the tablet in the space freed up. Just a thought, but it doesn't keep the double din...

Alternately, and I don't even know if this is possible,but push the double din back or build out the dash so you can mount a tablet in front of your double din radio. Then, when you need to, dismount the tablet to access the radio.

ratled

Reaction score
You could run a setup off the passenger grab handle. This is what I used on my Jeep

I Pad gen 4
Ram Mounts
RAP –B-404u - Medium Tough Claw
RAM-B-202U 3” arm 4/ round base
RAM-HOL- TAB20U – 8” I pad holder
RAM-HOL-UN8TU -Webbing

S33k3r

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You could run a setup off the passenger grab handle. This is what I used on my Jeep

I Pad gen 4
Ram Mounts
RAP –B-404u - Medium Tough Claw
RAM-B-202U 3” arm 4/ round base
RAM-HOL- TAB20U – 8” I pad holder
RAM-HOL-UN8TU -Webbing
Could you please share pictures of what you are describing? Sounds interesting, but I just can't visualize it. Thanks!

ratled

Reaction score
Sorry I sold the Jeep for the Yukon. But here is a pic to give you and idea - except for a camera you mount the ipd and mount. Clamp it in the handle just above the golvebox. Best of all you can take it off when not in use Screen Shot 2022-07-01 at 8.35.22 PM.png

Keviebear86

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I skipped the tablet idea since it would require too much modification of the center console. I bought the Stinger Heigh10 receiver and that was easily the best upgrade I've done to my Tahoe since owning it. Amazing quality head unit and has all the features needed for expandability in the stereo system itself. Just another option for you to consider.

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
I skipped the tablet idea since it would require too much modification of the center console. I bought the Stinger Heigh10 receiver and that was easily the best upgrade I've done to my Tahoe since owning it. Amazing quality head unit and has all the features needed for expandability in the stereo system itself. Just another option for you to consider.
Got a pic and link?

Keviebear86

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks like the shifter gets in the way.
When its in park it does, but not when driving. I will say also the shifter never touches the screen itself. But hardly ever am I trying to do much with the screen in park unless I'm doing a demo for the stereo. It is a floating mount, I could mount it lower or make a custom mount for it but then I'd lose my access to my HVAC controls. Maybe later on I'll relocate them to the glove box and permanently fix the screen to the dash.