Switching Bumpers

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

UGA Tahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I have a 2wd LT. Found a guy through craigslist who is willing to trade his painted Z71 front and rear bumpers for my standard chrome bumpers. My questions are will these bumpers bolt together the same on both trucks? The top of my front bumper is color matched to my truck, which is not the same as his. Can I remove the tops of the bumpers and switch them so he still has his color. I am not to worried about mine because I will be painted everything to color match anyways. Also, what about the fog lights? Considering mine are the squares and his are the circles. Any problems with the wiring or attachment brackets? How long do you guys believe this will take?

Thanks

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

jomulk56

Resident Lurker
Reaction score
The bumpers mount the same, there are plastic tabs that hold the bumper pad in from the top, and the fog lights use the same connectors. The Z71 fog light brackets are built into the lower valance, and I'm not sure how the others mount.

OP
OP
UGA Tahoe

UGA Tahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks, I figured everything would be pretty much interchangeable. Chevy makes things pretty easy.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yukrazy

Latest posts