Superchips Programer

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Vortecmass

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Superchips 2865 Flashpaq for GM Gas V8
YAY or NAY?

Product Description:
The Flashorsepoweraq performance tuner is the best selling handheld tuner in the industry. The success of the tuner is due to its quality, innovation and performance results. The GM gas Flashorsepoweraq delivers more to-the-wheels power than other popular tuners all while eliminating common problems found in the other products. The results for your gas powered truck, SUV or performance car are industry leading and the features list lengthy including multiple power levels and a variety of user-tunable options. The first time you get behind the wheel you will notice improved throttle response, high-end drivability and outstanding power gains.

* Complete drivetrain tuning for your Chevrolet truck
* Multiple performance tunes included for all vehicles and heavy load towing for truck and SUV's
* Automatic transmission optimization
* Industry leading horsepower and torque gains
* Read and clear diagnostic trouble codes

Should I try other brand?
$288 shipped retails on amazon PRIME.

08grey

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had one. I enjoy the blackbear tune better. It's worth the extra bucks

livingez_123

Full Access Member
Reaction score
In person would be nice, but driving to San Diego or Havasu would be over a 2k mile round trip for me. Add in gas, food, and lodging, and I could have it tuned local on a dyno with the same EFI Live software. If BB ever came up to the PDX area I would have them do it. They never seem to get close enough to make it cost effective.

OP
OP
Vortecmass

Vortecmass

Full Access Member
Reaction score
In person would be nice, but driving to San Diego or Havasu would be over a 2k mile round trip for me. Add in gas, food, and lodging, and I could have it tuned local on a dyno with the same EFI Live software. If BB ever came up to the PDX area I would have them do it. They never seem to get close enough to make it cost effective.

DITTO.. Same here in so fla

Brock

Reaction score
Bot the best SC programmer they make a few years ago $599. Pure crap! Shifted WAY too hard, no power or mpg change. BB was in my area $250 custom tune - very pleased!! Sold SC on CL for $150.

MudnRox

Rebel without a clue
Reaction score

I'm in the same boat as you. In person tunes would be nice but they don't come around here and traveling is too cost prohibitive.

My wife got me a Hypertech Max Energy programmer as a B-day present. I'm sure it's not as good as a BB tune, but it does work pretty well for my needs. Over all I'm happy with the Hypertech.

wrays96

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have that tuner and I like it for the fact that I can change programs when I want. When Im on a road trip I will set it to economy and it definitely holds 4cyl. mode much longer. Before the tune I would get 16mpg now averages just under 18mpg. The performance tune is cool. You can adjust your shift pressures and firmness as you like as well as change tire diameter. That's my $0.02

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DB1337

Latest posts