Summit White vs White Diamond Tricoat

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

soulsea

Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If you plan to de-chrome it then imo summit white is the way to go ... it'll basically look like your average LT with color matched wheels. WDT Pearl and chrome really complement and set each other off very well, less so de-chromed.

There's really very little point on buying an LTZ and de-chroming it, a lot easier (and cheaper) to buy an LT and add the things you want ... there's a couple of options like heated steering wheel, autoride, etc, that you may have to give up tho.

Last edited:

baggedlvintegra

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I really like the style of those wheels, but I have read some negatives about the quality of the U2 55 wheel. Anyone with experience? Already pearl white to match, that's awesome! Any strong opinions on painted vs powder coated?

I definitely don't want chrome, I really want color matched wheels. I plan to minimize any chrome on the tahoe as much as possible (debadged, trim removed, etc). Does that change anyone's opinion on WDT vs Summit White?

If I went with powder coating I was thinking about the KMC Brodie's.

Everybody and their mother run U2 55s (because it is a great looking wheel) and of everybody I personally know nobody has had an issue with them.

As far as paint vs powdercoat I was in the same boat as you and really wanted powdercoat but wasn't sure if they could match it enough. The ONLY way to go with the WDT and have perfectly color matched wheels is painted.

My wheels are painted and are a perfect match. When done right, the paint is close to as durable. I clean mine religously as to not let the brake dust eat away at the paint, but I would do that even if they weren't painted. I am very biased and have always loved WDT, my vote is 100% WDT with the WDT U2 55s I posted. That was exactly what I was going to do until I found the deal on my wheels.

I'll use this to influence you :beer:
20121022_183026.jpg

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have not read the replies but IMO WDT is light years better than summit white. Go with WDT :waytogo:

OP
OP
mjenk430

mjenk430

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Great looking truck, baggedintegra, definetly a classy combination. Gives me something to really think about.

Soulsea, I definetly wouldn't mind paying less for a summit white LT if I can get it with all the features of the LTZ minus the chrome and the bigger factory wheels (navigation, sunroof, leather, rear captains seats, etc).

The reason for the new SUV, new baby boy born last night. A little earlier than expected, but doing great! Nothing says he can't ride in style!

Regency

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Summit white WDT just doesn't look as clean to me still looks good though

Last edited:

lx4life

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Instead of debadging why not plasti dip like baggedLVintegra did to his grille, at least if it looks bad you can always take it off. Just like anything painted its all about prep prior to painting.

- BaggedLV integra why are your lug nuts so damn long? :0

baggedlvintegra

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Instead of debadging why not plasti dip like baggedLVintegra did to his grille, at least if it looks bad you can always take it off. Just like anything painted its all about prep prior to painting.

- BaggedLV integra why are your lug nuts so damn long? :0

haha I know, I HATE THEM! I've tried 2 different sets and both are sooo long! I've been doing my research now and hoping to find a set that is a lot shorter and still is what I'm looking for. Who would have ever thought lug nuts would be this difficult! :eek:

lx4life

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Are your studs sticking out like that also? If so there is nothing you can except get shorter studs which is way too much money for what its worth and I think you are a "baller on budget". :)

baggedlvintegra

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Are your studs sticking out like that also? If so there is nothing you can except get shorter studs which is way too much money for what its worth and I think you are a "baller on budget". :)

I don't think it's the studs I just think it's the design of the lug nuts...and yes you are correct, "baller on a budget" lol

soulsea

Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have short nuts. :(

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texas_Made