Suburban vs Yukon XL 2500 Frame

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

t_bergman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looking at a grille guard for my 2013 2500, and have seen a lot of places where the guard fits the Suburban 2500 but the Yukon XL is left out from the fitment.

Are the frame/hook mount points identical on the two vehicles?

Currently looking at the GoIndustries Rancher Grille Guard: main use case is pushing sub 1,000lbs stuff out of my way, I've needed to push two down trees off the road before, deer and other critters, and anything which may occur in a parking lot.

Geotrash

Dave
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Looking at a grille guard for my 2013 2500, and have seen a lot of places where the guard fits the Suburban 2500 but the Yukon XL is left out from the fitment.

Currently looking at the GoIndustries Rancher Grille Guard: main use case is pushing sub 1,000lbs stuff out of my way, I've needed to push two down trees off the road before, deer and other critters, and anything which may occur in a parking lot.

The problem isn't frame mounting points (they're the same), it's headlight alignment. That bar will interfere with the headlight beams on the Yukon.

OP
OP
T

t_bergman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The problem isn't frame mounting points (they're the same), it's headlight alignment. That bar will interfere with the headlight beams on the Yukon.

Thank you for this, completely forgot about that one. Although the Westin Sportsman on my 09 does the same thing and I don't mind the light interference.

The Ranch Hand is the other I am looking at which does not protect the light housings.

mrpeterclark

Full Access Member
Reaction score

The bottom of the headlights are on the same alignment (slightly different distance between the bottom corners). The 2500 and 1500 have slightly different frames and the tow hooks/ bumper mount differently.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
main use case is pushing sub 1,000lbs stuff out of my way, I've needed to push two down trees off the road before,

My solution is a chainsaw. This will break a large tree into smaller pieces that we can use the straps to pull out of the way. Not as fast as pushing logs but I don't risk damaging the truck.

OP
OP
T

t_bergman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I went with the GoIndustries guard and its pending shipment. It's much heavier duty than the Westin which is on my 09 and I will post pictures once I get it on.

No ETA on shipment yet.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MyCleftNut

Latest posts