Suburban to Tahoe 31 Gallon fuel tank upgrade

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Chris Whitener

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hello... New to site. Was looking to upgrade my fuel tank to larger suburban 31 gallon unit. Is this possible relatively easy? Thanks for your consideration..

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hello... New to site. Was looking to upgrade my fuel tank to larger suburban 31 gallon unit. Is this possible relatively easy? Thanks for your consideration..

Have you measured both? I think they are shaped differently to fit in and around the crossmembers. I'd love to add the 2500s tank above my spare tire but there's not enough room according to the diagrams. Unless one sectioned the tank a little!

DougAMiller

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I realize this information is for NBS and the OP is asking about the current model, but I gave some thought to this at one time as well. My determination was that it might be possible, but only with some major frame modifications. I think you would have to relocate the cross brace at the front of the tank further forward to in order to be able to make it fit (see drawings below).

upload_2020-3-1_23-13-35.png

upload_2020-3-1_23-13-51.png

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hdheffel01