stupid interior light

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

96GMCYukonGT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ok so my interior light works but doesnt turn on when the doors open any ideas?

OP
OP
96GMCYukonGT

96GMCYukonGT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
do they pop out or do i have to go up under the dash to change em

GMC Yukon

Reaction score
OK so on the light switch. lower left side is there a round buton ? If there is .is it pushed in. If so turn your key on open door and push it so it comes out.... Dome light shoul be on now!

onlygm4me

Reaction score
Does it come on when you open the other doors? If so it's like mine and it has a bad driver side door switch. Hope some can tell us the best way to remove/replace this switch, I haven't taking the time to look at mine yet.

SunlitComet

OBS Jedi-Do Good
Reaction score
If it does not work with ANY door open check the bulb or dome defeat circuits. It would still let the courtesy/dimmer switch to work the lights. Otherwise all you door jamb switches would have to be bad.

the 18th letter

Full Access Member
Reaction score
On the 99's there a overide switch near the light switch on the left. I PURPOSELY make my interior lights stay off when opening the door.

grnrpr68

Full Access Member
Reaction score
bad door switch on the side of the dash. override switch near the light switch on the left

OP
OP
96GMCYukonGT

96GMCYukonGT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
its only a 2dr and its just the switches then cause i can turn it on with the switch on the dash but im just a forgetful ****** and will end up killing my battery

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hpark1975