Stuck in 4 Lo

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
N

nickkendall

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
tried and can't get it to go into neutral i can get the lights to go into 4 hi 2 hi and 4 auto but it does not actually go into 4 wheel ever the front axle actuator i can hear move but the encoder motor never seems to shift the transfer case???

SunlitComet

OBS Jedi-Do Good
Reaction score
Switch is fine then. Do the light stay on are blink, more then one at a time? unless you have a scanner capable of reading the tccm to be sure what is going on you may not have any choice to replace the tccm or tear-down the transfer case for inspection. If you can remove the motor again with all fours in the air manually shift and see the axles respond accordingly mechanically speaking then you can probably eliminate the case. If it won't then you know where to go next.

OP
OP
N

nickkendall

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
ok so went out today and it was shifting into 4 high low and everything was working then i shut it off and tried it again and it would only go to 2 and 4auto then i tried another dash switch and it worked perfect until i shut it off then it started blinking but won't go into 4 hi or low my indicator lights don't stay on all the time they light up when i push them and then sometimes they stay on for a while and other times all the lights go out...but it was working perfectly for a bit a couple different times... it was warmer hear then it had been it got up 2 50 it hasn't been above freezing for a long time if that could make a difference

SunlitComet

OBS Jedi-Do Good
Reaction score
Unless the case has broken part that is randomly jamming up in there I think it is time to chuck the tccm it seems. If when you select a mode and that mode lights after a complete shift or blinking from an incomplete shift on each mode button the the switch should not be at fault. Just in case of a loose wire give your dash a few knock on woods to see what happens.

docreed88

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
with regards to this thread....does one need to remove the atc fuse when removing encoder motor assembly to manually shift the the transfer case with all four wheels in the air

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Luggz