stock sub question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bluekon

Reaction score
so ive searched and havent really gotten a defintae on this...has anyone thrown a shallow mount 8 in the stock box. i found a couple that fit what i want i dont want crazy loud bass at all just a small amount so everything sounds right lol
http://www.ikesound.com/rockford_fosgate_punch_p2d28
http://www.ikesound.com/kicker_07cvr84

these are the two i found, was plaanin on one of these with like a 300 watt mono amp.. i know i can go the mtx route with a 10" box but on the audio portion of the truck i dont really wanna spend an arm and a leg.
Any opinions or recommendations for doin this would be greatly appreciated

07Denali

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would say that if you are planning on using an aftermarket amp that this is no different than any other box for a sub. You would just have to figure out what the interior volume of the factory sub box is (and then post it in this thread =-))))) To figure it out, since it is an irregular shape you could use packing peanuts, fill the factory sub box, and then transfer those peanuts to a square or rectangular box. Then figure out your volume. Then you need to figure out what volume the subs that you are installing require. If you have a match, you win.

Eagle

Thansk for all the help -STAFF!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
packing peanuts are too large and too static-y to be of use.

kitty litter (unused).

chip

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I bet those Fosgate Punch 8" sound **** when you put proper power to 'em! Good price too! Go for it!

I don't think box volume will be much of an issue with one 8" either, considering what you're goin' for. Why not just keep it simple? Once you start worrying about box volume, you might as well just get a custom build.

I could be wrong, but I say get that Punch 8", put it in the factory box, power it proper and enjoy!

Last edited:
OP
OP
B

bluekon

Reaction score
Exactly I don't want a custom enclosure and I wanna try and accomplish all this for about 200 so I think this will work great I found a 300 Watt mono Rockford amp for 130 so that and the sub is still under 200 so I think I'm just gonna go for it and hope for the best

chip

Full Access Member
Reaction score
a Fosgate amp with a Fosgate sub will be nice!!! Fosgate makes quality products for minimum investment and their products will work their ass off for you!

I've got a Punch amp that I bought 10 years ago and I've never had a single problem with it! It's in my girls car right now too! Still workin' hard!

07Denali

Full Access Member
Reaction score
packing peanuts are too large and too static-y to be of use.

kitty litter (unused).

Unused would be prefered. I think that it will be just fine. Better amp, better sub. Worth a shot for $200. Don't forget an amp install kit and a LOC that can handle the bose system (wattage), unless you are going to tap in before the amp. At least that is how it was with my Mach460 in my Mustang.
When are you doing this, I want to know how it sounds before I spend the time building a custom box.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
agmanw8n