stock keys cranked and tires off set

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jwaldo432

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a 2wd 04 Tahoe that I'm planning to get spacers for. I used the stock keys to level it but my tires now lean out at the top and in at the pavement. Would geeting the Ford keys rid this problem? And would they be enough to keep it level with the spacers? and what parts numbers would I need for the keys and spacers ? Many thanks in advance!

LSUz71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
As far as the tires go sounds like positive camber. You need an alignment after tweeking with the torsion bars/keys anytime/everytime.

DenaliAK

Colder than you
Reaction score
Hmm.

I cranked the keys last year and put brand new A/T 305/50 20's on for the summer. Just noticed that one of them really wore unevenly, which surprised me. It rides super smooth and there's not really any visible camber that I've noticed, but the one tire was riding with most of the weight on one side and the tread is like new on one side and almost gone on the other.

Sounds like I need an alignment?

southboundchicken

Full Access Member
Reaction score
whenever you adjust the keys you tweak the alignment therefore in order to maintain proper alignment you gotta take it to the tire shop and spend the money it doesnt matter what it looks like to the eye your aligment is off

OP
OP
jwaldo432

jwaldo432

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the quick answers!! I ordered my MAXXstak rear 2.0" spacers. Will my stock shock work with these or will I need to get a longer shock or shock extenders? sorry but im new to all this.

LSUz71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They will be very close to topping out the shocks if they're stock. If your ahocks are good i would get extenders and install yourself.
I've heard of people running keys/spacers on stock shocks for a year before deciding to replace. But the ride quality is noticably different afterwards (their words)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mrb1234