Stereo in my 08 Tahoe is only working on one side???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Morocco9

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hey guys I am new to this forum and just got my first Tahoe. I love this truck and one issue that has come up is that the radio only plays out of one side of the truck. Any and all help would be appreciated. Its a 2008 Tahoe LS

Attachments

• IMG_1405[1].jpg
    IMG_1405[1].jpg
    90.9 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_1404[1].jpg
    IMG_1404[1].jpg
    93.3 KB · Views: 13
Last edited by a moderator:

NathanJax

Vacation Nathan
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
:welcome:

I removed the part about selling things. You will need at least 85 posts on the forums and be a member here for 5 days or more before you can post a new listing here.

As far as the stereo issue, I'm sure you've tried the balance/fade settings on the radio? Is everything stock or is there any aftermarket stereo equipment? What side of the truck is it playing out of?

OP
OP
M

Morocco9

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Yeah I have tried the fade balancing. The stereo is all stock and the side is isnt working is the drivers side. The tweeter on the drivers side works but nothing else.

Thanks for that advise Ill take that off.

jplong

Full Access Member
Reaction score
there seems to be a lot happening with the dirvers side cutting out on stereos. mine does it from time to time. ususally going over bumps making a left hand turn makes it happen. I have seen this on the forums and on fix it sites throughout the interebs. my guess along with others is its a loose connection. in or near the center console.

I am half tempted to yank the entire system including the bose amp and just run something from Clarion or pioneer. would suck to rerun wires but if it has to be done then so be it. too much involved with these stereos.. much easier dealing with RCAs.

RoRo

Reaction score
Had the same issues on my 08 Yukon, one day it would work fine the next it wouldn't. That happened for a week or two then all the door speakers went out. Replaced them with some Alpines from Crutchfield and all is well again......

RoRo

Reaction score
So you replaced speakers and it fixed the problem? That sounds odd.

Would have been odd had I still had the same problem but haven't had any sound issues since swapping speakers. From what I read/searched the stock speakers are crap. Btw, I have non nav/bose.

OP
OP
M

Morocco9

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thanks for the advise guys I thought it would come down to those few things. I am looking to upgrade the sound system soon and hopefully that fixes the issue. If it doesn't guess where I'll be posting my findings hahaha.

jplong

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There is definitely a correlation with the center console and drivers seat and when this happens. Every time that it has happened even just the smallest movement /pressure between the seat and console has magically turned the left side audio back on.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GinoTahoe