Steering wheel swap

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tron843

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hey I have an 06 Yukon Denali and wondering if I could swap in a newer (08-09) escalade steering wheel and use same year denali airbag with minimal headache or is it even possible at all

slypher25aussie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Going to make an assumption here and say no. Even if they physically bolted on, it’s very likely the airbag wouldn’t wire up properly, and you’d lose your steering wheel buttons and probably horn too.

adventurenali92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I believe the spline on the shaft is completely different where it mounts to the steering column for the gmt900 steering wheels. I don’t think it will even bolt up to your 2006’s steering column.

S33k3r

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Keep in mind there was a change in computer protocols in 2007, if I remember this right, so electronics from GMT900 generally don't work with GMT800.

Momoney

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Going to make an assumption here and say no. Even if they physically bolted on, it’s very likely the airbag wouldn’t wire up properly, and you’d lose your steering wheel buttons and probably horn too.
Hi
I have a 2008 Yukon xl. I wanted to swap the steering wheel it with a 2013 heated Escalade. Thoughts ?