Steering Wheel Peeling? Here's Your $5, 30 Minute Solution!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Green Machine

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the write up. Glad someone tried this. I was about to attempt it but my truck was still under warranty so the dealer put in a new set of trim. We'll see how long this set lasts.

I recall there was some sort of stripping chemical that someone used on the FJ Cruiser forum to strip the paint off of the bumpers since the base was black. But IIRC, that stuff would require you to take the trim off and soak it in the chemical.

InTruckDesign

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Good mod and nice write-up, I am surprised that mine has not peeled at all(took delivery 5/2006) but if it does I will definetly be stripping it and then putting on some carbonfiber vinyl to match my dash pieces.

RickyFriery97

Full Access Member
Reaction score
nice! mines doing this and ive thought about doing this, but now i def am thanks!

TexasBoyAR15

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Nice write up. Mine has been peeling for some time now as well. I just hadn't put the thought or time into figuring out how to get them off, but now I realize don't need to.

How'd you get the stuff removed on the egdes where it goes down below the center of the steering wheel?

CarToons

Reaction score
Sweet fix bro. Not much more satisfying that fixing a prob that bugs you by yourself... Even better when it's cheap too!

soulsea

Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Chris ... do you mind updating the pic of the product you used?
I linked this thread to help folks on another forum. :waytogo:

OP
OP
ChrisAU

ChrisAU

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just saw your reply Serge, I can't find the pic anymore, but any adhesive remover should work.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mjbaker84

Latest posts