Steering jerking

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
99 yukon 4x4 4 door 180000 miles. when driving it turns fine to the left but at times not all the time when turning right the steering wheel gets to a point and it just kinda jerks sometimes harder than others. sometimes its not ever that noticeable but sometimes it makes the whole truck jerk. need help thanks...

McFizzl

Broke as a Joke.
Reaction score
Get you some power steering system cleaner and run through it. Theres also other things but you would have to look up other things that work. IF that dont work maybe you got a bad pump?

SunlitComet

OBS Jedi-Do Good
Reaction score
you might be having pressure cut out cause of low fluid level under g-forces. are you at full lock when it is happening? also any unusually wear on the tires.

OP
OP
L
Reaction score
the steering dont really have any slack in them it drives straight but its just when you start turn to the right at slow speeds (40 mph or below). if you got your hand at 12 o' clock and you start turning to the right when you get to 2 o'clock it kinda jumps from 2 oclock to 3 o'clock.

---------- Post added at 03:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:34 PM ----------

the tires a worn pretty even...

SunlitComet

OBS Jedi-Do Good
Reaction score
somethings you can look at.

Steering Wheel Surges/Jerks While Turning
Symptom Related Diagnostic Procedures

OP
OP
L
Reaction score
I will replace the flow control valve I believe that's the issue thanks I will keep posted I will replace it.next weekend..

---------- Post added at 06:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:29 PM ----------

I just prices the valve and its over $170 lol

Always Wrenching

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I had the same issue on my 99 denali and it was caused by bad front end parts!! Not the power steering. I had bad upper ball joints and bad pitman and idler. I would check out all the frontend first before replacing anything else!! I would bet there is some bad steering parts causing the issue like mine! Hope this helps!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
griffey_mojo