steering gettin stiff

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mr_brixs

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
hey guys.. here is the probs.. i was driving when i made a left turn the steering wheel is getting stiff but the right is fine.. anyone know what is wrong???

thanks

OP
OP
M

mr_brixs

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
not all the time.. but it happens one time ina a day or twice..

OP
OP
M

mr_brixs

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
ok i did some investigation.. so i was driving entering the highway while pulling the streering to the right motion the feeling is fine but i felt like " tog and another tog " like hitting a aspalt gap.. then exiting the highway in about 60km p/h when i pull the steering to the left and braking the steering wheel feels like it's locking.. getting stuck..
so what is it mean??? is it still safe to drive my truck?

thanks

Grebbler

Parts is parts...
Reaction score
If it happened all the time I would think it's the steering gearbox (spool valve). Since it's more of a surprise I would look at the EVO sensor.

At the bottom of and inside the steering column, just above the small u-joint, is a doughnut shaped sensor for controlling steering effort at highway speeds. When that acts up the steering will do as you describe. Connected to it is a plug with, I think, three wires in it. Disconnect that plug and see if the steering calms down.

Let us know what happens.

OP
OP
M

mr_brixs

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
is it the white plastic ring with the plug that has 4 wires on it?/

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member