standard Black bear tune.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
D

dre

Full Access Member
Reaction score
450.00 cuz i wanna keep my ecu etc.......so i can return to stock for dealer issues.....i do have a cai and did change the muffler out cant remember which one it is (either magnaflow or flowmaster). didnt remove the resonator..... should i .......

thanks for taking the time to inform me......

Zed 71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah that is a good idea to have a stock ECU. As far as the resonator, it is a point of restriction so for performance wise (although minor) I would replace it. But it will get a lot louder since you have an aftermarket muffler.

FYI, when I took the resonator off (have the Magnaflow), it got a lot louder inside and out with drone at ~2,500 to 3,000 rpm. I kind of like it though...

OP
OP
D

dre

Full Access Member
Reaction score
zed once again thanks for your advice and knowledge

iwaslowr

ɹǝqɯǝɯ ɹoıuǝs
Reaction score
can anyone who has done a standard BB tune with 24" wheels tell me about their results? was it noticable .........please explain........

I had a Predator programmer while running my stock 17" wheels, then went back to stock and got a Blackbear tune after installing my 26's. Performance was improved with both however the difference I noticed was that the Blackbear tune's increase in performance was noticeable from idle up whereas the Predator tune was not until 3000RPM and above. As others have also mentioned, drivability is another plus of the BB tune... transmission adjustments between the two tunes mentioned above are also a night and day difference. Blackbear made my transmission shift and respond to throttle position the way it should for best performance and drivability, which was not noticed (or not included) with the Predator tune. I never made it to the track but I'd be willing to bet that my Yukon with the heavier 26's and BB tune would have a quicker 1/4 mile time than it would have with the stock wheels and Predator tune.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truckinscooby

Latest posts