SSV Break Pads?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Baddawg

Reaction score
I am pretty sure my 2013 Tahoe is an SSV.
I am in need of front pads real soon.
Are front breaks different on civilian vs SSV vs PPV?
How can I tell which ones to get before I take them apart?

Thanks,
Rob

tfi racing

Reaction score
Nothing special. Just buy the ones at the price point you are comfortable with or the performance level you need.

RichardCranium

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you with aftermarket and not OEM replacements, spend the money on the best pad they have. Unless you don't care about the new pads making so much noise with the light application of the pedal, that everyone around you thinks you are driving around on metal to metal brakes. Ask me how I know......

5strmtrp

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’ve always been a huge fan for Hawk brake pads. Towing a Boy Scout trailer at least 1 weekend a month loaded with a bunch of camping gear and then some they work and perform flawlessly.

The car trailer and landscape trailer also are the reason why I use these pads.

I also have found Hawk pads last longer than conventional Wagner what have you pads.

These Tahoe’s aren’t lite vehicles, loaded with people and gear you would be amazed how much effort it takes to stop.

Last, BED in the new pads. That also makes a difference.

Paul

OP
OP
B

Baddawg

Reaction score
I will have to look into Hawk pads.
Yes, planning on the bedding in part, even though I never really did that before.