Spoiler & Headlight Question New Denali

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Denali4181

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just purchased a 17 Denali.

First when I get home I see this gap on the passenger side of my rear spoiler. Its right above the rear trim piece. The driver side is flush and does not have this gap. Is this normal or do I have an issue here? Second, it appears I have had moisture in my headlights as I have what appears to be dried run marks on the inside of my lights. Is this normal or do I have an issue here also? Pic of spoiler below:

30ue0ic.jpg

Duff87

Reaction score
None of that is normal, if your under 36k your good under warranty. I had my tahoe driver side headlight replace under warranty for moisture issues.

OP
OP
D

Denali4181

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Took it to local dealer this morning. I purchased it of town. The told me the gap is cosmetic so GM will not cover it and they will also not cover the headlights. They said I could take it to the dealer I purchased from and maybe they would pay for it. Wow. Just wow.

dbbd1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Um, moisture in the headlights is not "cosmetic."

OP
OP
D

Denali4181

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The dealer I purchased from said they would replace them and the dealer I took it to was just doing that since I did not purchase from them.

Tahoe14

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would complain to GM. All dealers should handle warranty claims the same no matter where you purchase.

OP
OP
D

Denali4181

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just emailed GMC. Will see what they say.

On the spoiler note, can someone take a pic of theirs? I'm looking at it and I do not understand why it has this gap unless the plastic mold is off. It's only the passenger side. I would really appreciate it. I should have looked at others while I was on the lot.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JohnQSmith